Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lemon bread for those with a sweet and sour taste
- 454 g butter
- 4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup baking soda
- 6 cups flour
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream the softened butter and sugar together.
- Beat the milk and eggs together and add in butter mixture.
- Mix the flour and baking soda together and add to the other ingredients.
- Place in a greased bundt or loaf pan.
- Bake at 300 F for 45 minutes until knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Once completely cool poke holes in cake with fork and pour lemon juice over cake.
- Mix Icing sugar and milk together and ice over cake.