An impressive looking dessert perfect for summertime entertaining. Chilling time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine egg yolks and condensed milk in the top of a double boiler.
- 3Cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened.
- 4Stir in next 3 ingredients until mixed thoroughly; set to the side.
- 5Beat egg whites and cream of tartar to soft peaks.
- 6Gradually beat in sugar.
- 7Stir in vanilla.
- 8Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and butter; spread meringue over paper.
- 9Bake 10-15 minutes until brown.
- 10Remove from oven and loosen paper lining.
- 11While still hot, spread filling evenly over top.
- 12Roll up jelly roll fashion; chill.
- 13Slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Brazo De Mercedes
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 238.4 mg
- Sodium 142.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 56.2 g
- Protein 10.8 g