Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Super moist and super tasty muffins.
Top Review by chinadoll
These bran muffins were definitely moist, but that was the only thing I liked about them. The molasses flavor was strong, almost overpowering, and didn't add enough sweetness to the muffins for my liking. If I was going to make them again I would cut back on the molasses and add some honey instead, and maybe some sugar or splenda to make them a little sweeter.
- 1 cup 100% all-bran cereal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the bran cereal and buttermilk. Let stand until the cereal is soft,.
- about 10 minutes. Add lightly beaten egg whites, molasses, oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Use a hand.
- mixer to combine well. In another medium-size bowl, combine the flour, oat bran and baking powder.
- Stir in lemon rind and raisins. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Use a large spoon to.
- combine quickly. Don't over mix. Spoon the batter into non-stick muffin cups. Bake at 375F for.
- about 15 - 20 minutes. Cool the muffins for 10 minutes before serving or freezing.