Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Lemon yogurt and pie filling along with fresh blueberries make this a cool, light dessert. The colors look pretty together and taste even better! (Chill time not included)
Top Review by Daisy Daze
I made this trifle for a 4th of July gathering and it was a huge hit! I put the blueberries in a star shape on the top with thin slices of lemon around it for garnish and a cherry at the point of each star. We were at the home of restaurant owners and they were commenting on what a lovely presentation it was. It was delicious and I was told not to come to the party next summer without it!! Really easy to make and people think that you went to so much trouble.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cans lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 (8 ounce) containers lemon yogurt
- 1 prepared angel food cake or 1 cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- lemon slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure 1/4 cup of blueberries and set aside for topping.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and pie filling until well blended.
- In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart bowl or trifle dish, layer one third of the cake cubes, then the lemon mixture and finally the blueberries.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, garnish top with reserved blueberries and a few lemon slices if desired.