Recipe by Maureenie
This recipe was adapted from The Pampered Chef. To reduce fat and calories, omit chocolate chips and substitute vanilla/plain non-fat yogurt for the sour cream and angel food cake for the pound cake. Can be made the night before.
- 1 (16 ounce) prepared poundcake
- 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; place in large bowl.
- Zest lemon using short strokes; set aside.
- Juice lemon. Sprinkle lemon juice over pound cake; toss gently.
- In a bowl, combine milk, sour cream, half of the whipped topping and reserved lemon zest; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk until mixture begins to thicken.
- Set aside 12 blueberries and 12 chocolate chips for garnish.
- To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into bottom of chilled bowl. Top with 1/3 of the blueberries. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over blueberries. Top with of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with blueberries and remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 30 minutes.