1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
We have a next-door neighbor at our fishing camp who always gives us a quart bag of fresh blueberries every summer. I look forward to this wonderful gift each year so I can make this delicious bread. It has the texture of a cake and is very moist and delicate. I would check it at 60 minutes using the toothpick method - you may need to go a little longer depending on your oven. The berries do sink to the bottom so you may want to shake them in flour before adding to the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened at room temperature (2 Sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces evaporated milk (small can)
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (use juice from lemons-you may need to use 3 lemons to obtain 1/3 cup juice)
- 3 cups flour
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
- 3In mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs, sour cream, evaporated milk, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- 5Mix until well blended.
- 6In separate bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, instant pudding and cream of tarter.
- 7With mixer running on low, slowly add flour mixture until combined.
- 8Gently fold in blueberries by hand, being careful not to overmix and break up berries.
- 9Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- 10Bake for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Blueberry Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.6
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 139.2 mg
- Sodium 763.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 53.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g