Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
High protein, low carb muffins. Yum! This recipe was submitted to a site (I forget which though!) by a lady called Janette.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup low calorie sweetener
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 9 small cubes
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 9 muffin tins with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray. Combine the eggs, oil, and cream; stir to blend. Add the whey powder, baking powder, Splenda, cinnamon, lemon rind, and orange rind.
- Stir until just combined. Do not over stir or muffins will be tough. Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each. Fill with remaining batter, making sure batter goes completely over and around the cubes of cream cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until muffins spring back to the touch and no longer look moist on top. Serve warm.
- Makes 9 muffins.