1/3 Photos of Lemon Blueberry Puff Tart
Although ingredients are minimal and basic, be sure to read the directions thoroughly before starting to ensure this delectable tart will be perfect for you and your guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk the juice, sugar eggs and yolks together in a pot, being careful not to aerate it too much. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly but gently with the whisk.
- 2Cook until it thickens and the whisk leaves light lines; it will still be quite liquid. (Do not let it boil.) Strain it into a bowl and press plastic wrap onto the warm mixture. (This is to prevent filming.).
- 3Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Invert a 10-inch cake pan over the puff pastry (towards the edge of the tray so you waste a minimum amount of dough) and press.
- 4Lift off and use a pizza cutter to cut around the imprint of the circle. Lift the circle of dough out and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 5Center the round metal bottom of 9-inch tart mold over the dough and press. Cut around at 1-inch intervals to form a decorative "fringe".
- 6Weigh the metal bottom down with heavy objects. (Such as an 8-inch cake pan on top and fill it with 3 pounds of anything from a heavy pot or pan to garden stones.).
- 7Bake about 20 minutes, until the edges are golden, then remove the weights and metal tart bottom. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. and bake for another 5 minutes, until the center is golden.
- 8Remove from oven and spread the lemon curd evenly in the center. Put back in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes to set the filling.
- 9Remove from oven and scatter the berries around the outside edge of the lemon filling. Serve within an hour. (For easy slicing use a pizza cutter.).
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Blueberry Puff Tart
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.2 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g