Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite bread to eat at my Grandma's!
- 88.74 ml flour
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 44.37 ml cold butter, cut into small pieces
For the bread
- 481.94 g boxpackage blueberry muffin mix, with canned blueberries
- 29.58 ml poppy seeds
- 1 egg
- 177.44 ml water
- 14.79 ml lemon peel
For the glaze
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- Combine all streusel ingredients except butter in a small bowl and mix.
- Add butter, and mix using a fork or pastry blender.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir muffin mix and poppy seeds to combine and break up lumps.
- Add egg and water, stirring until moistened (about 50 strokes).
- Fold in rinsed blueberries and lemon peel.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake 57-62 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Combine powedered ssugar and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Drizzle over loaf.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Easy to make, especially with the boxed mix, & although we do enjoy the lemon & blueberry combo, the poppy seeds make it kind of special! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in SZaar Chef Alphabet Soup recipe tag]