Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh, or any other berries)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour and salt in large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened.
- Shape dough into ball; flatten slightly.
- Roll out ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle.
- Fold into quarters.
- Place dough into 9-inch pie pan; unfold, pressing firmly against bottom and sides.
- Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan.
- Crimp or flute edge.
- Fill unbaked pie crust with dry beans and cook in preheated oven for 15 min or until almost done.
- Reduce oven at 350°F.
- In a medium bowl beat egg yolks at medium speed then stir in condensed milk, rind and lemon juice.
- Pour the filling in the baked crust and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- In a saucepan cook down berries with sugar and water.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer some minutes and then add cornstarch dissolved in a tbs water.
- Bring back to boil until it gets dense.
- Top the pie with this sauce.
- Let cool and chill for one hour.
- Serve at room temperature.
Absolutely delicious! I made this for a church social. It was one of the first to go!!! Lemon taste is subtle and quite nice!!! Thank you for posting! Made for my 3 Chefs 2008