Recipe by evelyn/athens
Delicious blueberry muffins. The lemon yoghurt really make them special.
Top Review by ~NutritionGirly~
These muffins were great! I subbed a 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour and used 12 oz (2 yoplait) containers of lemon burst yogurt. I also squeezed a half a lemon into the batter because it did look dry and I wanted good lemon flavor. The lemon flavor was a little too mild for me...maybe I'll add the juice of a whole lemon next time. Otherwise, the muffins had the perfect texture and not overly moist from all the blueberry juices. I will be making these again!
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces lemon yogurt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen - if frozen, thaw & drain)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease muffin cups.
- Stir together flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Separately mix yoghurt, butter, egg, lemon zest and vanilla extract until blended.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add yoghurt mixture and stir to combine.
- Add blueberries and stir.
- Pour into muffin cups, sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before eating.