1/1 Photo of Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Sue Lau's Note:
The lemon gives a bright flavor to these traditional muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar or 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Grease one 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
- 3Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- 4Add yogurt, cooled melted butter, egg, lemon zest, and vanilla, stirring until just combined.
- 5Gently fold in the blueberries.
- 6Pour batter into the muffin cups.
- 7Sprinkle tops lightly with granulated or turbinado sugar.
- 8Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin can be removed clean.
- 9Cool 5-10 minutes in pan, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1067 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 275.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g