Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The lemon gives a bright flavor to these traditional muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon granulated sugar or 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease one 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add yogurt, cooled melted butter, egg, lemon zest, and vanilla, stirring until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle tops lightly with granulated or turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin can be removed clean.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in pan, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
I love muffins & am always up for trying a new, different muffin recipe. These muffins were lovely, with a delicate lemon flavor. Blueberries are not in season, so I used frozen, but look forward to trying it again with fresh. The muffins went together easily,& baked for 21 minutes. I got 12 big, beautiful muffins. Thanks, Sue!