Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I obtained this recipe from a childs magazine. I added 2 Tablespoons of Poppyseeds and liked the variation.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened but not melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, grind
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup, then level with knife.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl and mix thouroughly with spoon.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine buttermilk, egg and rind.
- Stir until moist.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake 20 minutes or until muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar in small bowl and drizzle muffins.
These are AMAZING! I have also been looking for the perfect blueberry muffin recipe and now I have found it. My family loved them. Thank you!!
These are incredible muffins--the blueberry, lemon, nutmeg combination is just perfect!! I scaled the servings down to 4, and got 6 regular size muffins. Instead of a/p flour, I used whole wheat pastry flour; and we didn't have any powdered sugar, so I sweetened the lemon juice with a bit of granulated sugar and brushed it on the muffin tops right after they came out of the oven. Next time I'll be sure to use paper muffin liners (baked blueberries stick to muffin tins!), and I may also try using light butter. My (long!) hunt for the best blueberry muffin recipe is finally over--this is it! Thanks so much for sharing it Greeneyes3270!!
A very delicious muffin! I added half whole wheat flour and used light butter; they turned out wonderful. Thanks for sharing.