Recipe by Greeneyes3270
I obtained this recipe from a childs magazine. I added 2 Tablespoons of Poppyseeds and liked the variation.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened but not melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, grind
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup, then level with knife.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl and mix thouroughly with spoon.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine buttermilk, egg and rind.
- Stir until moist.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake 20 minutes or until muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar in small bowl and drizzle muffins.