Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (plus)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in walnuts and lemon peel.
- In a small bowl beat egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake 20 to 22 minutes or until tops are golden.
Very yummy muffins. I tripled the amount of lemon rind to be added, and the result was wonderful. Very easy to make, and the blueberries remain whole and plump.
This was my first try at muffins from scratch and they were TERRIFIC! Easy to make too!
This recipe did not come out well. I am frustrated that I wasted my blueberries on it. The muffins are dense and there is not enough lemon flavor.