Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh, light and lemony
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Melt butter, add to milk, add eggs and lemon juice.
- Toss berries in with dry mixture.
- Add wet to dry.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 20 minutes.
These were good. I used whole wheat flour, cut back the sugar to 1/3 of a cup and used the juice form one lemon. Both kids like them too.
These weren't as sweet as we like, but the lemon blueberry combination is nice. I cut back on the baking powder to 2 tsp. and they rose just fine.