Recipe by coconutcream
From the Quaker website
Top Review by Canadian_in_the_Bay
They were ok but I think I prefer lemon blueberry muffins or oatmeal blueberry with cinnamon. The lemon-oat-blueberry combo is something that I had imagined would have been better than it actually is. The muffins did, however, rise very nicely and the texture was perfect.
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats or 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats or 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with no-stick cooking spray.
- For topping, combine oats and sugar; set aside.
- For muffins, in large bowl combine dry ingredients; mix well.
- Combine milk, egg whites, oil vanilla and lemon peel; add to dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter should be lumpy.).
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved topping, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let muffins stand a few minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.