1 hr 15 mins
You can substitute fresh or frozen (thawed) blackberries or raspberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed, drained, and patted dry
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in middle of oven; spray the bottom only of a 13x9 inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Melt ½ cup butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 3In a big bowl beat the cake mix, melted butter, and 1 egg using an electric mixer set on medium speed until well blended (will come together as a thick dough).
- 4Pat the dough evenly into the prepared pan; set aside.
- 5Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan set over low heat.
- 6In a big bowl beat the cream cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest with a electric mixer set on medium speed until blended and smooth.
- 7Add in melted butter and remaining 3 eggs; blend until smooth.
- 8Add in the powdered sugar; blend until smooth; stir in the blueberries.
- 9Spread lemon-blueberry mixture over prepared crust.
- 10Bake 42-45 minutes (do not overbake, bars should be slightly gooey).
- 11Transfer pan to a wire rack; cool completely.
- 12Cut into bars; cover and store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Blueberry Gooey Chess Squares
Serving Size: 1 (2022 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 236.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g