Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I got this recipe from my friend who owns a blueberry farm.
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup flax seed, grounded
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt, low fat
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 egg
- In a small bowl, toss blueberries with 1 tsp of the flour. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, stir together remaining flour, flax, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In glass measuring cup, whisk together yogurt, oil, lemon rind, lemon juice and egg.
- Pour into dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in reserved blueberries.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin trays. Bake in 400°F oven for 18 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned.