Recipe by Kree
I ate this pie a few years ago and it was delicious. This recipe is from my Aunt Sue. See the note at the bottom about how to make this pie dairy-free. The cook time is the time to chill, and the prep time is an estimate.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
We loved this pie! The filling reminds me of lemon meringue pie with blueberries added. I made the recipe as posted but I probably used close to 2 3/4 cups blueberries. It was very easy to make. If you like lemon and berries, make this soon! Thanks for the keeper, kree!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream (can use fat free)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- lemon slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch; add milk, egg yolks, butter or margarine, and 1 tablespoon lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool.
- When cool, stir sour cream and blueberries into mixture; pour into pastry shell.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- If desired, stir a little lemon peel into sweetened whipped cream. Pipe or spoon atop pie. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- NOTE: If you use soy milk, dairy-free margarine, soy sour cream, and Cool Whip in place of the whipped cream this can be dairy-free.