Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I ate this pie a few years ago and it was delicious. This recipe is from my Aunt Sue. See the note at the bottom about how to make this pie dairy-free. The cook time is the time to chill, and the prep time is an estimate.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream (can use fat free)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- lemon slice (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch; add milk, egg yolks, butter or margarine, and 1 tablespoon lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool.
- When cool, stir sour cream and blueberries into mixture; pour into pastry shell.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- If desired, stir a little lemon peel into sweetened whipped cream. Pipe or spoon atop pie. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- NOTE: If you use soy milk, dairy-free margarine, soy sour cream, and Cool Whip in place of the whipped cream this can be dairy-free.
We loved this pie! The filling reminds me of lemon meringue pie with blueberries added. I made the recipe as posted but I probably used close to 2 3/4 cups blueberries. It was very easy to make. If you like lemon and berries, make this soon! Thanks for the keeper, kree!