Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from the Walmart site. It has a section called Idea Center. Some recipes are located there.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray bottom of 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, then yogurt and lemon peel just until blended.
- Stir in flour mixture just until blended. Reserve 1 cup batter; set aside.
- Spread remaining batter in prepared pan.
- Gently stir blueberries into reserved batter then spread over batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown and center springs back when touched.
- On wire rack, cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Meanwhile for glaze, blend confectioners sugar, lemon juice and butter.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
Thanks for the great recipe. The cake is light, moist and has great flavor as another reviewer said. LOL I have also found it addictive and have 'tested' too much already! I did not add more blueberries and think it would have been overwhelming. This is a winner.
This cake is *fantastic*. Light, moist, great flavour, it's just addicting beyond words. My springform pan must be 10" or so, because I found the cake a bit thin, and it was cooked at about 30 minutes. Tasted great nonetheless! I put the glaze in a ziplock baggie, snipped the end off and zigzagged the glaze across the cake. Coworkers raved and DH and I enjoyed a generous helping ourselves. I increased both the lemon zest and juice and blueberries just a bit. Definitely on the make-again list!