Recipe by Nana Lee
This is from the Walmart site. It has a section called Idea Center. Some recipes are located there.
Top Review by Chef Norma JS
Thanks for the great recipe. The cake is light, moist and has great flavor as another reviewer said. LOL I have also found it addictive and have 'tested' too much already! I did not add more blueberries and think it would have been overwhelming. This is a winner.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray bottom of 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, then yogurt and lemon peel just until blended.
- Stir in flour mixture just until blended. Reserve 1 cup batter; set aside.
- Spread remaining batter in prepared pan.
- Gently stir blueberries into reserved batter then spread over batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown and center springs back when touched.
- On wire rack, cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Meanwhile for glaze, blend confectioners sugar, lemon juice and butter.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.