Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This refreshing recipe is from the National Blueberry Council. Cook time is chilling in the fridge.
- 3⁄4 cup lemon low fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 3⁄4 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, and salt in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate salad for at least 30 minutes to let flavors blend; serve over endive or other greens and garnish with additional blueberries and lemon slices, if desired.
A prizwinning recipe! I won a healthy living cooking contest using this recipe. Unique and delicious! Does not taste low fat or low calorie at all. Yum!!
I have now made this recipe twice. First I made it for my family and they all loved it!!! I served it on croissants. It is yummy! I especially love the blueberries in it. The lemon flavor is subtle. I might try adding some lemon zest to give the lemon flavor a little more pop but it is not necessary. I just served this over the weekend at a party and everyone loved it! Definitely a keeper. Definitely a fresh take on the typical chicken salad and it is pretty to boot!