Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love the taste of lemon and blueberry together. Add that to a cheesecake and it can't get much better!
- 20 -24 lemon cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies, crumbled (I use a food processor to make fast work of it.)
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup blueberries, washed and drained
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, washed and drained (more or less, depending on your taste)
- lemon zest
- Press crumbled lemon cookies into bottom and up on sides of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients into a bowl of an electric mixer; beat until smooth and fluffy (about 15 minutes).
- Fold in 1 cup blueberries and blend lightly.
- Add prepared filling onto crust.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until set.
- After taking the cheesecake out, turn the oven temperature up to 475 degrees.
- Mix topping ingredients together, using an electric mixer, and pour on top of cheesecake.
- Bake for about 7 minutes.
- Cool cheesecake, then refrigerate to keep it firm.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and lemon zest!
Life is good when you're eating this cheesecake! I could not find the lemon creme cookies anywhere, so I had to use vanilla creme instead. Even though I used a 9-inch springform pan, the filling really rose pretty high. I let it sit for a while to settle down before I added the sour cream topping, but the topping still overflowed the top during baking anyway. Still, there was plenty of topping to enjoy. I garnished with fresh blueberries for a cheesecake that looked as good as it tasted.
Mmmm! Delicious! You can't beat the lemon & blueberry combination & this recipe is no exception. I used all fresh blueberries in the mix and for garnish, but in the future I might make a blueberry sauce to drizzle over it as well. Super easy recipe, and I only had to make one adjustment. I knew I had two 8oz boxes of cream cheese in the fridge, so I only purchased one more. Then when I went to make the filling I opened the boxes only to find that DS had eaten at least 4 oz of one of the packages. :? I improvised by using the 20 ozs of cream cheese & only putting in 2 eggs instead of the 3. There were no ill-effects from doing this besides the fact that my filling didn't rise as far up the springform pan as I had put the crust. I ended up trimming off about a half inch of crust above the cheesecake before removing it from the pan. Thanks for posting, LIG! Made & enjoyed for ZWT-6 Team Xtra Hot Dishes! :D
I love blueberry and lemon flavors so knew this would be a big hit. Bought store brand lemon cream filled cookies and used a 9 inch springform pan. A very easy cheesecake to make that tastes amazing. Topped with some blueberry pie filling when serving and enjoyed! Made and reviewed for KK's Chef's Pick Tag Game.