Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company.
- 3⁄4 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemons, rind of
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer, adding dried blueberries with flour.
- (If dough is too dry or stiff or too soft or slack, adjust dough consistency) Checking Dough Consistency: Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; it should form a soft, smooth ball around the blade.
- If dough is too stiff or dry, add additional liquid, 1 teaspoon at a time, until dough is of the right consistency.
- If dough is too soft or sticky, add additional bread flour, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Recommended cycle: Basic/white bread cycle; light or medium/normal color setting.
GREAT! Took two tries, first try I thought I'd just use the frozen blueberries I had in the freezer. Between that and the fact my yeast was old, the batch was a colossal failure. So since I needed to go get more yeast, I got dried blueberries this time. Bread came out GREAT! Made the house smell so good as it cooked.
I finally convinced myself to toss my Fleischmann's bread machine recipe book because I decided I probably wasn't going to make this bread, then was delighted to find this posted on 'zaar. This is very good and makes the most wonderful french toast.