Recipe by beckas
I love Trader Joe's Blueberry Lemon Bread so I was looking for a recipe that was similar. This what I came up with. Actually, I can't take all of the credit. I modified Glazed Lemon Cake for Glazed Lemon Cake slightly and added blueberries, then baked it in loaf pans. My whole family loves this bread. In fact, I think it's better than Trader Joe's Blueberry Lemon Bread....geez....I know, I am so modest ;-)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons tightly packed lemons, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces powdered sugar (or 1/2 box)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tightly packed lemons, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Important: grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add buttermilk.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to buttermilk mixture.
- Blend well.
- Mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Gently fold in blueberries and only mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Bake loaves on the middle rack of the oven for 60 to 65 minutes.
- Cool bread 10 minutes, remove from pan and place on a large cookie sheet, top side up.
- For icing: Combind icing ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat icing with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over the warm loaves.
- The icing will harden when the bread cools to room temperature.
- I thought I should mention, if you make this bread without the addition of the blueberries, the baking time is closer to 50 minutes and I recommend increasing the amount of buttermilk from 2/3 cup to 1 cup.