Recipe by bakergirl123
This bread, is a delicious combination of blueberry and lemon zest. The whole bread is filled with delicious blueberries with a lemon zest crispy crumble on top. also if you want to make it into a crumb, it works very well in a smaller set pan as well!
Top Review by cooking for boys!!!
Wish I could give this more than 5 stars! Not only did it taste great, the house smelled fantastic while it was baking. I was a bit concerned that the batter was so thick, but no worries it turned out fine. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unbleached flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 pinch lemon zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F; oil loaf pan.
- Stir topping ingredients together into a bowl until crumbly.
- In another bowl, stir sugar, milk, butter, and eggs until smooth.
- In a bigger bowl, toss flour baking powder and salt and then stir in wet ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries and lemon zest.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and sprinkle top with topping and then cook until topping is deep golden and has formed a thick crust( 50 minutes).