Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This bread, is a delicious combination of blueberry and lemon zest. The whole bread is filled with delicious blueberries with a lemon zest crispy crumble on top. also if you want to make it into a crumb, it works very well in a smaller set pan as well!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unbleached flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 pinch lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F; oil loaf pan.
- Stir topping ingredients together into a bowl until crumbly.
- In another bowl, stir sugar, milk, butter, and eggs until smooth.
- In a bigger bowl, toss flour baking powder and salt and then stir in wet ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries and lemon zest.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and sprinkle top with topping and then cook until topping is deep golden and has formed a thick crust( 50 minutes).
Wish I could give this more than 5 stars! Not only did it taste great, the house smelled fantastic while it was baking. I was a bit concerned that the batter was so thick, but no worries it turned out fine. Thanks for sharing!
Very moist and delicious.I will make again
Wonderful! Used frozen blueberries and since I didn't have a lemon for zest, I used 1/2 TBS lemon juice and a pinch of orange zest. It did take a bit longer to bake (maybe from the frozen berries?) about 65 minutes. Made for Fall PAC '08. Thanks for dessert!