Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a collection of delicious fruit bread recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mace.
- Whisk to blend throughly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar.
- Beat at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Blend in lemon rind, juice and vanilla.
- With mixer at low speed, sprinkle in dry ingredients, alternating with milk.
- Beat until well moistened.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, covering the loaf with aluminum foil during the last 10 minutes, if necessary to prevent over browning.
- When a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, transfer bread to a cooling rack.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out.
- Cool completely before slicing.