1/1 Photo of Lemon Blueberry Bread
1 hr 20 mins
Another recipe from the "New Basics Cookbook"--this quick bread is great in the spring and summer. Tons of berries, with a refreshing taste of lemon, and a great topping! What more can you ask for! Update: I made this recipe as muffins and the muffins are best as 16 muffins baked for 30 minutes. If you make 12 muffins, the topping starts to spread off of the muffins!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.16 ml butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 473.18 ml fresh blueberries
- 14.79 ml grated lemon zest
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. (Grease very! well as there are so many blueberries that only half of the loaf may come out--it is still tasty, but not presentable!).
- 3Stir the topping ingredients together and set aside.
- 4In a medium-size bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Then mix in the egg. Mix in the milk and beat until mostly smooth.
- 5In another bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- 6Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- 7Fold in the blueberries and the lemon zest.
- 8Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle with topping.
- 9Bake until the topping is deep golden brown and has formed a thick crust--approximately 50 minutes.
- 10Cool in pan 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Blueberry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3171.8
- Calories from Fat 949
- Total Fat 105.4 g
- Saturated Fat 63.2 g
- Cholesterol 472.8 mg
- Sodium 1519.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 525.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 280.2 g
- Protein 43.7 g