Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice sweet treat with a cup of tea! Drop them free-form onto a baking sheet for "craggy" biscuits or make them a little more shapely by using your hands or a small ice cream scoop. Either way, they taste great.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces lemon yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine yogurt, egg, butter and lemon peel; stir into dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a greased baking sheet.
- Note: to make biscuits that are more shapely, round the tablespoon of dough in your floured hands or use a small ice cream scoop that has a scraping bit (you know the kind with the thumb level that scrapes the scoop out of the hollow!) and then place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 F for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm biscuits.
Sarah, these were great! I loved the lemon flavor of the glaze, I did add an extra tsp of lemon juice to get it to the consistancy I wanted. I can't wait til blueberry season!
I made these with frozen blueberries and used 1/4 cup egg beaters instead of egg. I didn't have quite a cup of yogurt (didn't have blueberry, used vanilla instead) so I only used 2 cups flour.I only made 12 large ones and they cooked in about 30 minutes, I turned the temp down to 375* after the first 15 min. so they would cook through without burning. They turned out very good.