Prep 0 mins
Cook 23 mins
* to make GF substitute with gluten free flour *
Make and share this Lemon Bliss Lemon Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
- Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
- Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
- Spread 1/2 the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
- Spread 1/2 the glaze over the bars, and let it set (not harden like most).
- Cut into bars and serve.
Awesome Lemon Bars, but I was wondering if the 8 teaspoons of lemon zest is correct for the glaze. I started with just 1 Tablespoon and that appeared, and tasted, like plenty. I am a Lemon Lover and these hit the spot. The 2nd time I made them I added a half cup of toasted coconut to the top and that was delicious too.