1/1 Photo of Lemon Blackberry Muffins
1 hr 3 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blackberries or 1 cup frozen blackberry, unthawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- 2In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar and eggs until blended; whisk in buttermilk, butter, lemon zest, 1 T lemon juice, and vanilla until well blended.
- 4Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- 5Gently fold in blackberries.
- 6Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- 7Bake for 25-28 minutes or until tops are golden and pick comes out clean.
- 8Let cool in a pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool while you prepare the glaze.
- 9In a small saucepan, heat the remaining lemon juice and sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- 10Brush warm muffin tops with lemon syrup.
- 11Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving or let completely cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Blackberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (988 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 216.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g