Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a light, lemony cake. Perfect for a summer barbeque or picnic.
- 18 ounces lemon cake mix
- 10 ounces diet Sprite
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 ounce sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 7 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Free
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Mix Lemon cake mix, egg white and diet soda.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Pour cake batter into pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- During the last few minutes of baking, put lemon jello and condensed milk in a sauce pan and stir on medium low heat until smooth.
- Take cake out of oven and poke holes all over the top. Pour jello mix over warm cake, filling in the holes. Cool completely.
- Mix 2 tsp lemon extract with cool whip. cover cake with cool whip mix.
- Place cake in refridgerator until ready to serve.
I made this for Mother's Day, as my mom is on WW and loves lemon desserts. I do not like lemon desserts, however I found this desert to be delicious, and so did my mom and the rest of my family! It's easy to make, tastes great! The cake has a slightly tart flavor (which I believe is why I liked it), and is a dense cake that doesn't feel heavy. The only change I made was to use a diet citrus soda (similar to Fresca), because I don't like Diet Sprite and didn't want to have to throw away the rest of a bottle. This is a keeper!
I thought this cake was okay. Definitely not better than sex ;)
I thought it was too dense and sticky. Next time, I'll make it more like the traditional 'poke cake' and mix the jello powder with water instead of the condensed milk.
To heck with a summer barbeque or picnic..... it's the middle of the winter and we are LOVING it!!!!!!! I didn't have lemon extract so just put the fat free cool whip plain on top and it was wonderful!!!! We are already looking forward to making this again!!!!