Recipe by KelBel
This is a light, lemony cake. Perfect for a summer barbeque or picnic.
Top Review by BekahBlaine
I made this for Mother's Day, as my mom is on WW and loves lemon desserts. I do not like lemon desserts, however I found this desert to be delicious, and so did my mom and the rest of my family! It's easy to make, tastes great! The cake has a slightly tart flavor (which I believe is why I liked it), and is a dense cake that doesn't feel heavy. The only change I made was to use a diet citrus soda (similar to Fresca), because I don't like Diet Sprite and didn't want to have to throw away the rest of a bottle. This is a keeper!
- 18 ounces lemon cake mix
- 10 ounces diet Sprite
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 ounce sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 7 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Free
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Lemon cake mix, egg white and diet soda.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Pour cake batter into pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- During the last few minutes of baking, put lemon jello and condensed milk in a sauce pan and stir on medium low heat until smooth.
- Take cake out of oven and poke holes all over the top. Pour jello mix over warm cake, filling in the holes. Cool completely.
- Mix 2 tsp lemon extract with cool whip. cover cake with cool whip mix.
- Place cake in refridgerator until ready to serve.