Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 mins
I have made this tart so many times, that I can make it in 15 minutes from start to finish, and that includes prep! It is so easy to make and the payoff is amazing. The lemon custard base elevates the berries without overwhelming them, the crust is uber easy, and it can be made the day before. Perfect Summer BBQ dessert!
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups lemon curd (10oz)
- 4 cups whipped cream (1 pt Heavy Cream, beaten to stiff peaks, or, 1 - 10 oz tub of Cool Whip topping)
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blackberries
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- Melt stick of butter in the microwave (20-30 seconds on high).
- Blend together Graham Cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and cardamon (if using) until it is well incorporated and looks like wet sand.
- Press half the mixture into the sides of a tart pan or pie plate using a measuring cup and your thumb to form the edge. Then press the rest of the mixture into the bottom for the base, and pressing firmly and sealing with the sides.
- Put the crust shell into the refrigerator to set up while you construct the fillings.
- In a medium bowl, beat lemon curd with a whisk until it is broken up and easily spread.
- Fold 1/3 of the Whipped Cream into the lemon curd until well incorporated.
- Fold in the remaining cream mixture until combined, and set aside.
- Spread the Lemon mixture into the prepared crust (doesn't need to be perfect - you're gonna cover it with the berries), and place back in the fridge.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt Red Currant Jelly (approx 45-60 seconds on high).
- Pour all the berries into the bowl and coat the berries by tossing them with a rubber spatula - taking care not to damage or break up the berries.
- Spread berries over top of the custard mixture, pressing into place.
- Wrap the tart in plastic wrap until ready to serve.
This recipe needs to give the size of the tart pan. This filling makes a lot and you will need at least a 12 inch tart pan.
delicious :) tart,and tasty