1/1 Photo of Lemon Berry Tart
Adam Hayek - Chef #1348906's Note:
I have made this tart so many times, that I can make it in 15 minutes from start to finish, and that includes prep! It is so easy to make and the payoff is amazing. The lemon custard base elevates the berries without overwhelming them, the crust is uber easy, and it can be made the day before. Perfect Summer BBQ dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups lemon curd (10oz)
- 4 cups whipped cream (1 pt Heavy Cream, beaten to stiff peaks, or, 1 - 10 oz tub of Cool Whip topping)
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh blackberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberry
- 1Melt stick of butter in the microwave (20-30 seconds on high).
- 2Blend together Graham Cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and cardamon (if using) until it is well incorporated and looks like wet sand.
- 3Press half the mixture into the sides of a tart pan or pie plate using a measuring cup and your thumb to form the edge. Then press the rest of the mixture into the bottom for the base, and pressing firmly and sealing with the sides.
- 4Put the crust shell into the refrigerator to set up while you construct the fillings.
- 5In a medium bowl, beat lemon curd with a whisk until it is broken up and easily spread.
- 6Fold 1/3 of the Whipped Cream into the lemon curd until well incorporated.
- 7Fold in the remaining cream mixture until combined, and set aside.
- 8Spread the Lemon mixture into the prepared crust (doesn't need to be perfect - you're gonna cover it with the berries), and place back in the fridge.
- 9In a microwave safe bowl, melt Red Currant Jelly (approx 45-60 seconds on high).
- 10Pour all the berries into the bowl and coat the berries by tossing them with a rubber spatula - taking care not to damage or break up the berries.
- 11Spread berries over top of the custard mixture, pressing into place.
- 12Wrap the tart in plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Berry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 117.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: