Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice recipe for hot summer days.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup blueberry jam
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 5 cups quartered hulled strawberries
- 4 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 2 1⁄3 cups whipping cream, chilled, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Mix sugar and peel in a small bowl to make lemon sugar. Melt jam in large skillet with 2 tablespoons water. Remove from heat. Mix in 5 tablespoons lemon sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, then berries. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons lemon sugar, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in medium bowl and whip. Cover and chill.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and 1/3 cup lemon sugar in large bowl. Quickly mix in remaining 1 1/3 cups cream and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until dough just comes together. Drop dough by rounded 1/3 cupfuls in 6 mounds on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle dough with remaining lemon sugar.
- Bake biscuits about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly on rack.
- Split biscuits and fill with berries and cream.