Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
I am SO happy to see summer arrive this year! I'm looking forward to the laid back, slower paced nights of stargazing, barbecues, and lounging on the deck with my family. Last summer we had just bought this new house and our nights were filled with nothing but late nights of hard work to fix it up, so it will be nice this year to be able to really enjoy it. I came up with this new recipe that I loved and I think you'll love too! In fact my son who hates strawberries gobbled down two pieces in just a few minutes right before my eyes! It's no secret that I love strawberry lemonade, in fact I just made up another batch of the strawberry lemonade drink I shared with you here. This was my inspiration for this dessert.
- 250 ml Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
- 1 pint strawberry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1/3 cup butter in a square dish and press firmly to bottom and side of your pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes.
- Add Philadelphia Original Cooking Crème, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add mixture to the crust.
- Place sliced strawberries on top of the mixture and press them into the cream mixture.
- Lemon Curd:.
- Add three eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1/3 cup lemon juice to a stainless steel bowl.
- In a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and lemon juice until blended.
- Cook, stirring constantly approximately 10 minutes until it becomes thick.
- Cut in 4 tablespoons of butter until melted and let cool a bit before you pour this on top of your dessert.
- Garnish the top of your Lemon Berry Cheesecake with sliced strawberries.
- I think it might be even better to double the filing. Also, I totally forgot to cut in the butter on my lemon curd and it still tasted great!