Last summer my MIL bought me some culinary lavender, as well as, a cookbook on how to utilize this wonderful herb. This is one of my favorite recipes from that book- a lovely, purple tasting dessert. Simple enough for a picnic brunch, elegant enough for a dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400*.
- 2For the crust: whisk together the flour, salt, and 1 t.
- 4Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Pat into a tart pan (preferably one with a removable base), line with wax paper and fill with baking weights (or raw rice or beans) and bake 10 minutes.
- 6For the filling: Whisk eggs, 1 cup sugar, and lavender together.
- 7Add lemon juice and melted butter and mix well.
- 8Place cleaned berries in tart shell and pour filling over berries* and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- 9*If you have more custard then your tart can hold- pour in as much as you can then strain the lavender out of what's left over.
- 10Add lavender to tart.
- 11You want to make sure all that lavender goodness makes it into the dessert.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon, Berry, and Lavender Tart
Serving Size: 1 (1175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3215.4
- Calories from Fat 1489
- Total Fat 165.5 g
- Saturated Fat 95.5 g
- Cholesterol 1423.5 mg
- Sodium 1538.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 391.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 231.1 g
- Protein 54.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: