Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Pol Martin, a famous Canadian chef, this is a simple and tasty side dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- salt and pepper
- Place beans in boiling salted water; cook 10 minutes.
- Cool beans under cold running water; drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in frying pan or saute pan.
- When hot, add mushrooms and cook 2 to 3 minutes over high heat. Do not stir.
- Season generously with salt and pepper; mix well. Continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Add beans, lemon rind and juice; cover and cook 3 minutes.
This was very good! I also liked the lemon-mushroom combo, but found there was too much liquid with all that juice. I think next time I would leave off the cover after adding the lemon juice and zest, and let some of the juice reduce down. Nonetheless, a very tasty accompaniement to our main dish of salmon tonight. Thanks, lazyme! Made for ZWT4.
This was very good. I think I will cut back on the lemon a bit next time as I thought it sorta overpowered the mushrooms. Made for ZWT. Thanks for sharing!
Loved this. I was a little wary of the lemon-mushroom combo, but it was just aewsome! I used whole cremini mushrooms, reduced-fat margarine, bottled lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning.