Recipe by Julesong
(Don't tell anybody, but these also happen to be lowcarb. Thing is, people won't notice, they're so tasty!!) :)
Top Review by mickeydownunder
YUM!!! YUM!!! YUM!!!, TRUE! I JUST D-E-V-O-U-R-E-D one of these too! Would saay I sucked on the bone, today, But there was not a scrap of meat left is all I can say! Does take patience to simmer for two hours, TRUE! The only other thing is NO WAY would this be a meal for 2! Made 9 ribs, ONE was more than enough for me, And I don't eat like a bird, Would my grocery bill you like to see? Don't have ANY expectations about these ribs on the grill, But today these DID T-H-R-I-L-L-! Thanks Happy Cooker Too, I did take your advice, added 2 tabespoons of lemon juice and they came out very nice! Also put every in the blender so was an even sauce, These could be served as an appetiser or main course! Last thing, did baste have way, These ARE delish is what I can say! THANKS! See photos :)
- 3 -4 lbs beef ribs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 -4 packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crystal lite lemonade (made up, liquid, not the powder)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the ribs into singles.
- Place them in a large pot or dutch oven and fill with water to cover and simmer over medium heat for two hours, occasionally adding water to cover as needed.
- In a large bowl mix together the salt, white pepper, Splenda, lemon zest, and soy flour.
- In another bowl stir together the vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, tomato paste, garlic, green onion, Crystal Lite, and chicken broth.
- Combine these two mixtures to make the lemon BBQ sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the beef ribs from the simmering and let drain well.
- Brush the ribs with the BBQ sauce; place them in a roasting pan and cover with foil, then bake for 45 minutes.