Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super super yummy rice. I totally love it.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- Preheat oven to 375. Place the very well drained rice in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Melt the butter in a nonstick or heavy saucepan. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the cayenne, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, cream, and salt and bring to boil. Stir it all up. Seal tightly with foil and bake for 20-25 or until the rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork before serving then fold in the chives.