Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple and delicious! From Tostitos, although I served it with pita chips instead of corn chips.
- 2 (15 ounce) cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, plus
- 1 whole basil leaves, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the beans, chicken stock and garlic.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes. In a food processor, blend the cooled mixture until smooth.
- Chop the basil finely and stir into the mixture along with the lemon juice and the pepper.
- Serve in a bowl, garnished with basil leaves.
- If you prefer a chunkier version, simply don't puree the beans as long, or puree half the beans and mix in the remaining whole beans by hand.
This was quite delicious and different. I wanted a "Tuscan-type dip and this looked like it fit the bill. I really loved the flavor and agree it does go best with pita chips. The tortilla chips I had for another dip just didn't do it justice. Really nice addition to an appy spread