Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another variation of stuffed fish. Use your favorite fillets for this one.
Make and share this Lemon-Basil Stuffed Fish Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs white fish fillets, can use cod, haddock, flounder. 4 large or 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium low-fat
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse fillets, pat dry with paper towels.
- If making 4 large fillets, place 2 lemon wedges, 1/2 tablespoon of the basil and 1/4 of the spinach into center of each fillet. Roll lengthwise and seal with a toothpick. (If making 8 smaller fillets, use 1 lemon wedge and 1/8 of the spinach along with 1/2 tablespoon of basil.).
- Place filets, seam side down, into coated casserole dish.
- In small bowl combine cheese, mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Spread over fish.
- Bake 20 minutes until the fish flakes easily with fork.