Recipe by Pets'R'us
This is good done on the barbeque and can also be cooked using the grill. If you like basil you will like these prawns Serve with some nice crusty bread. Makes enough marinade for more then 12 prawns. Marinating time not included.
Top Review by Seedbeads
Made this tonight, and the only changes I made were to use dairy-free margarine instead of butter, and lemon basil instead of regular basil. They turned out really good - they were the first thing my 4-year old ate, and the second the 2-year old ate, and both thought they were "really yummy!" We served them with grilled veggie skewers and garlic rice.
- 12 -18 large tiger shrimp, peeled and de-veined (I leave the tail on)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces melted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1 lemon, juice of, depending how lemony you like it, a medium or large lemon
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients, except the prawns, in a shallow dish and mix well, taste or you want to add more mustard.
- Add the prawns and toss to coat, cover, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the prawns from the marinade and thread on skewers.
- Cook over medium coals for 2-3 minutes on each side, basting with any remaining marinade from time to time.
- Serve immediately.