1/2 Photos of Lemon Basil Shrimp
This is good done on the barbeque and can also be cooked using the grill. If you like basil you will like these prawns Serve with some nice crusty bread. Makes enough marinade for more then 12 prawns. Marinating time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -18 large tiger shrimp, peeled and de-veined (I leave the tail on)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces melted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1 lemon, juice of, depending how lemony you like it, a medium or large lemon
- white pepper
- 1Place all the ingredients, except the prawns, in a shallow dish and mix well, taste or you want to add more mustard.
- 2Add the prawns and toss to coat, cover, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3Remove the prawns from the marinade and thread on skewers.
- 4Cook over medium coals for 2-3 minutes on each side, basting with any remaining marinade from time to time.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Basil Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.0
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 155.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g