Recipe by goldenboy'ssister
I have found the secret to an incredible summer salad dressing: lemon basil. I grew my own this year and will never have an herb garden without it again!
- 1 cup lemon basil, leaves washed and dried
- 1 cup sweet basil, leaves washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or more as needed)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 (or 6 if using garlic)ingredients in a mini-food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- I used this dressing over a simple salad mix of leftover corn on the cob kernals, fresh steamed green beans, garbanzo beans and diced red onion. It only tasted better after sitting in the fridge overnight!