Chef #630114's Note:
Nice light salad with a punch of protein from the quinoa. I like adding chopped mango or small mozzeralla balls to the salad for added kick depending on my mood. Extra dressing is great for marinades or additional salad dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, cut in 1/2 (cherry, grape, heirloom)
- 1/4 cup basil, julienned
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1Rinse quinoa and prepare (1 cup quinoa, 2 cups broth) on stove or in rice maker.
- 2Chop bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes tomatoes and combine in large bowl. Add spinach and arugula to bowl. Julienne basil and add to bowl.
- 3Dressing: Zest and juice lemons for 2 teaspoons lemon zest and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Combine lemon juice and zest in a food processor with garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Blend adding olive oil until well blended.
- 4Pour 1/3 of dressing on ingredients in the bowl. Toss to combine.
- 5Add quinoa to bowl. Toss to combine. Add more dressing if needed.
- 6Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Basil Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: