Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice light salad with a punch of protein from the quinoa. I like adding chopped mango or small mozzeralla balls to the salad for added kick depending on my mood. Extra dressing is great for marinades or additional salad dressing.
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, cut in 1/2 (cherry, grape, heirloom)
- 1⁄4 cup basil, julienned
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup baby arugula
- 3 large lemons, squeezed and zested
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Rinse quinoa and prepare (1 cup quinoa, 2 cups broth) on stove or in rice maker.
- Chop bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes tomatoes and combine in large bowl. Add spinach and arugula to bowl. Julienne basil and add to bowl.
- Dressing: Zest and juice lemons for 2 teaspoons lemon zest and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Combine lemon juice and zest in a food processor with garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Blend adding olive oil until well blended.
- Pour 1/3 of dressing on ingredients in the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add quinoa to bowl. Toss to combine. Add more dressing if needed.
- Serve hot or cold.