Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Giada De Laurentiis. The lemon and basil give these potatoes a really fresh, clean taste.
- 16 baby red potatoes, halved
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Place the potatoes, chicken stock, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Add the lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste, and 3 tablespoons of the basil.
- Toss well and garnish with the remaining chopped basil.
Excellent. Used russets since I had them and water instead of the chicken broth since I had none. Still, very tasty and refreshing. Tossed in a little lemongrass with the chopped basil, too.
We loved these! I used baby Yukons since I had them on hand. The potatoes were very lemony which suited us fine, but may not be to all tastes. Will definitely make again and again.
I tripled this recipe and used Idaho potatoes, and it was just lovely. Very refreshing, lemony flavor and the basil really enhanced the dish. I served to company and everyone was delighted.