Recipe by C & D's Mommy
I HATE FISH. Hubby loves fish. He had a heart attack and it's good for him to eat fish. I tried being supportive to him and setting a good example for the kids in the process. Didn't work out so well. Me sitting there forcing the stuff down with my nose plugged like it was bad medicine. So I make this for them, and I have chicken. Looks somewhat similar, and still sets that good example.... You can use any white fish for this.
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb orange roughy (or other white fish)
- 4 lemon slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine margarine, basil and lemon pepper.
- Place fish on a greased broiler pan and spread 1/2 of the margarine mixture over the fillets.
- Broil about 5-8 inches away from heat for about 5 minutes. Turn the fillets over and spread the remaining margarine mixture on them and top with lemon slices.
- Broil for another 5 minutes or until fish can be flaked with a fork.