Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
I have both a lemon tree and a garden that produces basil in quantity. Everyone got oil for gifts this year. Great for salads or dipping.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in a glass measuring cup.
- Set the cup on a pie plate in the middle of the oven.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees and leave oil for 1 hour and 40 minutes, checking temperature occasionally with a candy thermometer.
- When done (temperature should be 250 degrees F), remove to rack to cool.
- Line a small strainer with a coffee filter that is moistened with a small amount of oil.
- Strain the oil through the filter into a hot, clean glass container.
- Cover and store in refrigerator for up to one month.