fomr eatbetteramerica.com I use Barilla PLUS pasta. I like it best with spaghetti or fettucine noodles, but really any will do. I also like these better with the heartier whole wheat pasta. 20 minutes preptime is time to boil pasta. I also leave out what veggies I don't care for (zuchini). So feel free to add what you like!
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets (12 oz)
- 2 cups chopped fresh cauliflower florets (12 oz)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup vegetable broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large zucchini, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- In 12-inch skillet, cook broccoli, cauliflower, onion, lemon peel and 1/2 cup of the broth over medium heat 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup broth and ingredients. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender.
I'm sorry Sarah, but I believe eatbetteramerica.com needs to rework this recipe a little. Although it tasted ok, it lacked flavour. If I were to make this again, I would add fresh basil in place of the dried. Perhaps that would have given it a little more taste. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. ;)