Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice twist to traditional mashed potatoes from Weight Watchers (2 points per 3/4 cup serving).
- 1 1⁄4 lbs baby red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan. Add the broth, butter, salt and pepper. Mash until the potatoes are smooth. Stir in the basil, lemon zest and lemon juice.
These were really good, I used Dried Basil and Oregano and my whole family gobbled them up. I will definitely be making this again.