- 1 1⁄4 lbs baby red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan. Add the broth, butter, salt and pepper. Mash until the potatoes are smooth. Stir in the basil, lemon zest and lemon juice.